Restoring Your Los Angeles Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at Los Angeles commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Westlake
SERVPRO of Westlake specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Los Angeles Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Westlake will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 213-315-5136
We're Faster to any size disaster m
When disaster strikes, a fast response is critical. We're dedicated to responding immediately, day or night, to
your home or business.
We are Restoration Specialists
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training, rest assured our staff is
equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
We use Advanced Technology and Techniques Advancements in the technology and techniques used in the
restoration industry allow us to restore a property back to preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
About SERVPRO of Westlake
SERVPRO of Westlake specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 213-315-5136
Fire Damage Service
Fire damage is especially devastating for a business or commercial property. In addition to the fire and smoke damage, significant water damage from firefighting efforts and fire suppression systems may occur. Every hour spent restoring your business back to pre-fire condition is an hour of lost revenue and productivity.
SERVPRO of Westlake has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies. Whether your fire emergency occurs in a restaurant, motel, or office building, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
The restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask questions regarding the fire damage
event that will help us respond immediately with the
appropriate equipment and resources.
INSPECTION & FIRE DAMAGE ASSESSMENT
We carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property
to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
SECURING YOUR FACILITY
Fire damage can often compromise windows, was, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps
on damaged roofs.
WATER REMOVAL & DRYING
If needed, the water removal process begins almost immediately and removes much of the water. We then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining
SMOKE & SOOT REMOVAL FROM SURFACES
We use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
CLEANING & SANITIZING
We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of
cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. We're also trained to remove odors using industrial air filtration devices and fogging equipment.
Restoration is the final step in getting your business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs,
such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a business.
Fire or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 213-315-5136
SERVPRO of Westlake can respond quickly, working to contain the infestation to prevent its spread to other parts of the building. We will begin the remediation process, and use our training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to pre- loss condition.
1. The mold clean and restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and
2. We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold can be hidden from plain view. We use various techniques to detect mold and hidden water sources.
3. Our professionals use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold during the cleanup process. All ventilation systems will be controlled to prevent the spread of
4. We utilize specialized filtration equipment like air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to capture and prevent the spread of mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
5. The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. We use anti fungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. It may be necessary to remove and dispose of mold infested porous materials, like drywall and carpeting, to remediate heavy mold growth.
6. We clean and disinfect your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items affected by mold. We can also remove odors.
7. Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
Call Us Today 213-315-5136
Storm Safety Tips
Storm Safety Tips
Storm threats come in many forms, including storm surge, high winds, tornadoes, and flooding. Here are some tips to take before the storm hits
- Prepare your home and stock an emergency kit.
- Plan your evacuation route in advance of the storm.
- Have two weeks worth of your important medications on hand as a reserve.
- Close storm shutters and board up all windows.
- Have a supply of batteries and be sure you have flashlights and a portable radio in good working condition.
- Review how to shut off utilities in an emergency with all family members.
- Secure all outdoor objects or move them inside.
SERVPRO of Westlake specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 213-315-5136
Floods rank as one of the most common and widespread natural disasters in the United States. Whether you live near a coastline, along city streets, in the mountains, near a river or even in the desert, there is a potential for suffering flood damage. In fact, nearly 25% of last year’s claims paid by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) were for policies in moderate to low-risk communities. On average, floods cost $6 billion in annual losses in the U.S. Flooding can also result from plumbing failures, frozen pipes and damaged structures. Flood damage can affect your business operation in a variety of ways and can range in size from being isolated to a single room to entire floors being fully submerged.
Knowing how to prepare and deal with potential flooding in advance can affect how much of your property can be restored and how much has to be replaced.
Below are prevention, mitigation and restoration tips to follow until help arrives:
Flood Prevention Tips:
- Determine if your property is in a floodplain.
- In any emergency, always listen to the instructions given by the local emergency management officials.
- Carefully access how your company functions, both internally and externally, to determine which staff, materials, procedures and equipment are absolutely necessary to keep the business operating.
- Plan what you will do if your building, plant or store is not accessible.
SERVPRO of Westlake is been called on by numerous home owners and property managers to preform the necessary equipment service.
Call US Today SERVPRO of Westlake 213-315-5136
SERVPRO ofWestlake specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit California, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 213-315-5136
Why SERVPRO of Westlake ?
You have peace of mind knowing that SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals will handle each job the right way providing excellent customer service.
What we do?
The science of restoration can be complicated issue, but SERVPRO of Westlake Professionals have the equipment, technology, training and customer diplomacy for any size for disaster. We throughly document and communication each step of the restoration process.
Trough pre-testing, we can determine the correct method of mitigation and restoration ensuring the job is done right the first time. Our restore vs. replace method helps ensure lower claims costs and may help speed up the entire recovery process as well.
Help is just a few clicks away:
- Mobile App
Call Us Today 213-315-5136
Holiday Safety Tips
To ensure that the festivities are safe, here are some useful holiday season fire safety tips
Cooking and Baking
Be sure to take precautions against kitchen fires when you’re cooking and baking. That includes keeping children and flammable items such as grocery bags and kitchen towels away from the stove and oven. Clean up greasy spills as you go to remove another fire hazard.
Be sure to keep “fuel” – from wrapping paper to rugs to clothing – at least three feet away from the flames. Use a fire screen to keep embers and logs from escaping. Lastly, make sure all embers are fully extinguished before you turn in for the night.
Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
Test smoke alarms every month. If they’re not working, change the batteries.