Key Fire Safety Tips
Some fires are unavailable acts of nature or unpredictable accidents, many fires in the home and workplace are avoidable. The following tips , can help reduce the likelihood of a fire in your business or home.
- Watch your cooking- stay in the kitchen if you are frying, grilling or broiling food.
- Give space heaters space- Keep space heaters at least three feet from anything that can burn.
- Smoke outside- If you must smoke inside, have a sturdy, deep ashtray. Never smoke in bed.
- Inspect electrical cords- Replace cords that are cracked, damage have broken plugs or have loose connections.
- Be careful when using candles- Keep candles at least one foot from anything that can burn. Blow them out before you leave the room or go to sleep.
- Install smoke alarms- Install smoke alarms on every level of your office or home and inside bedrooms.
- Install Sprinklers- Sprinklers can help maintain and sometimes even extinguisher fires, giving your local fire department a better chance of saving your property.